🗣️ Survival Chinese: What to Say When You Don’t Understand


Whether you're just starting to learn Mandarin or planning your first trip to China or Taiwan, these basic survival phrases can save the day when you’re struggling to understand or be understood.



📘 Key Phrases to Use in Real Life:


---

🔹 What did you say?
你说什么?
Nǐ shuō shénme?
→ Literal: You say what?


---

🔹 I don’t understand.
我听不懂。
Wǒ tīng bù dǒng.
→ Literal: I listen but don’t understand.

✅ Use this when someone is speaking too fast or with vocabulary you don’t know.


---

🔹 Please speak up.
请大声点。
Qǐng dà shēng diǎn.
→ Literal: Please louder a bit.

👉 请 (qǐng) means “please”,
大声 (dà shēng) means “loud voice”,
点 (diǎn) means “a bit”.


---

🔹 I can’t speak Chinese.
我不会说中文。
Wǒ bù huì shuō zhōngwén.
→ Literal: I not can speak Chinese.


---

🔹 I can speak English.
我会说英文。
Wǒ huì shuō yīngwén.

✅ Very useful in situations where you need help or want to ask if someone speaks your language.



💡 BONUS VOCAB:


汉字 Pinyin Significado

说 shuō decir, hablar
听 tīng escuchar
不懂 bù dǒng no entender
会 huì saber / poder
中文 zhōngwén chino
英文 yīngwén inglés
请 qǐng por favor
大声 dà shēng voz alta



🎯 Consejo de Mandi:


No tengas miedo de repetir estas frases. ¡Son tus mejores aliados mientras vas ganando confianza! Aprender a pedir ayuda es uno de los primeros pasos más valientes en cualquier idioma.



📌 Guardá esta imagen, practicá en voz alta y usala como mini guía de emergencia.


#ChineseUnlock #MandarinWithMandi #FrasesEnChino #SupervivenciaLingüística #ViajarAChina #PrincipiantesChino #MandarinTips
#ChineseBasics #TravelChinese #LearnMandarin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toilet in China 洗手间 ( xĭshŏujiān ) bathroom

🍽️ Different Eating Styles | 吃饭的方式

Traditional Chinese Medicine 中药 Zhōngyào Medicine 药品 Yàopǐn